Helping & being helped

 Scroll to the bottom for the audio version x

When Moses’ father-in-law saw all that Moses was doing for the people, he asked, “What are you really accomplishing here? Why are you trying to do all this alone while everyone stands around you from morning till evening?”

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭18:14‬ ‭


I met a freelance journalist last week whose work I had interacted with several times in the past though I wasn't aware of it until after I met her. She had reached out to me because she saw the journey that I was  on trying to build up my experience and portfolio in the writing gig economy and she felt led to share with me the lessons that she had picked up as a long-time freelancer "so that I don't have to make the same mistakes."

She was so open to sharing her networks with me, and offered to look over pitches so that I would always put my best foot forward when looking for work. She was also willing to collaborate on future reports and articles even though she has 12+ years on me in journalism and I'm still out here hesitating to call myself a journalist just yet and preferring writer cause it's easier to back that up.

As I reflect on the week, I see all the ways that God answers my prayers with the opportunities he places right under my nose and the people he positions along my path and it's affirming because I feel like this is definitely a path that He had wanted me on, and He was just waiting for me to follow. It also makes me reflect on how through everything, I want to serve Him and others. The journalist I met was so kind and so prepared to share her knowledge with me, and if I am able to help make someone's life a little bit easier, then thank God.

here is an unrelated picture of me for vibes and aesthetic

Remember that there is a compiled list of platforms that you, as a freelance writer, can contribute to with information on their respective pitching guidelines, contact details and information on whether or not they pay. The list is updated regularly(-ish). There is also an editorial calendar available to help you keep track of your writing deadlines.

What are some ways that you are able to help those trying to get into something that you're already into? Have you sought out help to get to places that you aspire to be? Let me know in the comments or you can email me!

Also if you like this post or it's helped you in any way, don't forget to share this reflection with someone you love and that would help me a ton. Let's always be willing to help each other. 

As always, thank you for spending this time with me and see you soon. x


Keep up with me on InstagramFacebookTwitter & Pinterest

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts